clay, me, and chloe v.

clay, me, and chloe v.
tee hee

Friday, December 7, 2007

a picture is worth a thousand words...

chloe drew this picture last night. she draws pictures all the time... mostly of dogs and cats and mommy, ofcourse. but this time she drew a picture of her daddy. she asked me if daddy could come over and see the picture she had drawn for him. well, her daddy moved back to finland (again) a month ago. i tried to explain to chloe that her daddy lives in finland right now and its a long long ways away and that you have to take a really long airplane ride to get there..... but chloe just looked at me with her big blue eyes and said, "well, can he just come over to my house for a little while so i can show him my picture? Then he can go back to finish?" (finish is what chloe calls finland)
as soon as chloe said that it took all the strength inside me to not start crying. but i had to be strong... for my baby girl. i told her that we can take a picture of her drawing and send it to her daddy over the computer. still unable to grasp the fact that her daddy is gone, chloe asked me again if daddy could come see her picture... i grabbed my camera and told her to hold up her drawing and i'd take her picture. i took it. then showed it to her.... (she LOVES seeing pictures right after i take them)... then we emailed the picture to her dad. i gave her a big, long hug and told her i loved her.... then we watched pete's dragon together.

2 comments:

Lori Huneke said...

thats the saddest thing ever. it kills me.

Anonymous said...

this one murdered rest of my soul... I'm just speechless at the moment, but i want Chloe to know that she is everyday on my mind and Daddy loves her here to the moon and back and there will be time soon (with moms ok) when we can hold eachother in the longest hug and i want to see million more pictures you drew for me...

You'll always be the love of my life Chloe Valentina...

daddy