clay, me, and chloe v.

clay, me, and chloe v.
tee hee

Friday, February 8, 2008

pigeon point

i spent the last few days on a field trip with clay's class at pigeon point in pescadero, CA. it was such a great experience and me and clay both had a great time! we got to go to the tidepools, saw some massive elephant seals, hiked around the redwoods, and spent tons of quality time together... yay!




pigeon point:





some harbor seals... just chillin



clay found this sea urchin in the tidepools



best friends hanging out in a cool cave



one of our naturalists, "Mountain", leading us to the elephant seals. okay. so i had a little crush on this guy... i mean, his knowledge of nature just amazed me!! ... and it kinda turned me on too teee hee..



such big, beautiful creatures... the elephant seals



this is clay's teacher and some of his classmates. they are such a great group of kids! and his teacher is so rad! she is one year younger than me and we have so much in common, so it was nice to hang out with her and get to know her a little better



there were lots of fun activities for the parents and kids to enjoy




clay, standing inside a fallen redwood. the redwoods were awesome, as always. and i got a chance to kiss a banana slug for the very first time! i was stoked cause, well, its pretty much the best action i've had in a while... ha ha ha



i love these kids. really. they are all my little buddies and they made my trip so much fun!

2 comments:

Pam's Place said...

This looks so awesome! I am seriously gelous. As I was looking at these pictures I was thinking how much my kids would love this. One of the downfalls for working in a poor community is we do not get to do any of these cool field trips. I am so proud of you or going.

Lori Huneke said...

ahhh what a fabulous trip! wonderful pictures!! i was a camp councelor there once. i cant wait to go back with you someday when juniper and chloe go!! weird to think about that!! yikes!!! god ilove you. im glad youre back!