clay, me, and chloe v.

clay, me, and chloe v.
tee hee

Friday, June 6, 2008

windows

what is it with people and their car windows...?
today i was sitting at a stop light and i looked around at the cars beside me... now, its a pretty warm day out and it gets stuffy in the car so it was definitely one of those days when you either have your windows open or you have the A/C on in your car. anyways, as i was sitting there i saw quite a variety of people and their "windows".
there was an old-timer next to me with his windows rolled all the way down and his arm hanging over the side. he had a relatively old car but i think he might have had A/C... he just chose not to use it. either way, this old man was enjoying the nice breeze that the wind was providing as a means to keep cool...
then there was an obvious mom from the valley. a "soccer mom", if you will. she even had a "proud parent of an honor roll student" bumper sticker ordained on the back of her black escalade. i could see some kids in the backseat and kids are ALWAYS hot so i assume she had the A/C blasting. maybe she can afford all the gas it must cost her to fill her tank and thats why she was wasting the gas by using the A/C... who knows?
i looked over to see another car with a "generic male" as the driver. he was driving a civic with the back windows down but the front ones up. hmm... obviously he likes his air from behind. that, in itself, told me enough about that guy. ha ha ha. . kidding. just kidding : )
as for me? well, anyone who has ridden in my car knows that the A/C tends to malfunction and blow out super hot air rather than cold. seriously, on really hot days when i have to use it, I have to beat the shit outta the thing to get it to work! so... i like to keep 3 windows down while i'm out driving around and i need a little cooling off. why don't i have all 4 rolled down? well... cause the 4th one is busted and i'm not too handy at fixin cars.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just thought I should tell you that A/C doesn't run on gas.... ummmm battery. My favorite are people who smoke with the windows up. AHHHHH!!!!!