clay, me, and chloe v.

clay, me, and chloe v.
tee hee

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

the great dish debate

okay. i have these dishes. see picture below. they're pfaltzcraft and i love them. but i dont use them. they were a wedding present and they've been sitting in my attic for over 3 years now. my mom has her own set of dishes that we use so there really is no use for mine... even though mine are WAY cooler. anyways, i remembered about my packed-away dishes and offered them to lori. i figured that she could get some use out of them and im just a giving person... one of my more appealing virgo qualities... so... i showed her what they looked like and she wanted them. i told my mom that i needed to get them down from the attic so i could give them to la. mom said no. i told her they were my frickin dishes and i could give them to whoever i wanted. she said that if i wanted to sell them then that was fine but i couldnt just give them away.


so i got the dishes down from the attic today. my grandma is here visiting and she told me that my dishes were beautiful and i should keep them until i get married again... "you're such a pretty, young girl, jeni," she told me. "i'm sure you'll meet that man and get married again someday." um... what? what the hell is wrong with my family? my mom wont let me give my dishes to my best friend and now my grandma is telling me to save my dishes for marriage? what the fuck is going on with the females in my family?!?!? well, i gently broke it to my grandma that i dont plan on getting married again.... ever. well, grandma is a bit old-fashioned so we dont exactly see eye-to-eye on the whole "marriage" thing.... so we had a little conversation about our views on marriage and the whole time we were talking i was just thinking to myself..."what the fuck does ANY of this have to do with my gaddamn dishes?"


alas, i am in a dilemma... what to do with my dishes... give them away, sell them, or simply hang on to them until i get "married" (which in my mind means until the kids and i get a place of our own)???



my dishes.... i have a set of 8
i have 4 of these cute little cup & saucers
here's my salt & pepper shaker and cream & sugar set. i also have a butterdish that matches.

2 comments:

Lori Huneke said...

dude...that post just cracked me up.

Pam's Place said...

I love the creamer, salt and pepper shakers, and sugar bowl.